Properties in France
Your search results

Don’t ignore your overseas property insurance – disaster can strike anywhere!

Would you be brave enough to leave your home in the UK uninsured? So why do many of us buying a home abroad immediately assume that the rules are different because the sun is shining – risks still exist. Regardless of whether your property is occupied, unoccupied or let – short or long term – you need comprehensive property insurance and cover against potential liabilities.

UK based insurance company Intasure offers policies that are designed specifically to meet the needs of the overseas property market. Flexibility is central to Intasure’s cover, comprehensive buildings and contents insurance allow you to live in, leave your property unoccupied or let it – short or long term. The policy also covers loss of rent and emergency travel and accommodation in the event of a major claim. For additional peace of mind, these policies are underwritten by one of the world’s leading insurers, Norwich Union.

No language barriers

Understanding exactly what a policy includes, even in English, can be a feat in itself. Add to this the complication of an unfamiliar language and the stress associated with making a claim and the whole process could be doubly hard. Intasure’s documentation is entirely in English and all claims and enquiries are reported to and resolved by a UK-based English speaking support team.

Essential Liability Cover

Intasure’s comprehensive cover is also ideal for anyone who lets their property, particularly with the current trend toward litigation. Intasure’s policy automatically includes £2,000,000 Public Liability cover, far in excess of many other European policies. The cover is available for homes in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and the Republic of Ireland. For a quick quote or to arrange immediate click the link button on this page and benefit from up to 40% risk related discounts.

Summary of Intasure’s flexible cover Both policies include:

  • Your cover is underwritten by one of the world’s leading insurers – Norwich Union.
  • Up to 40% risk related discounts.
  • Your property is covered whether occupied or unoccupied.
  • Your property is covered if let short term or long term.
  • All policy documents are in English.
  • Policy covers your swimming pool as well as buildings.
  • Loss of rent included following a claim
  • Covers the purchaser of your home during the period between exchange of contracts and completion.
  • Covers temporary accommodation following a claim.
  • All claims are reported to and resolved by a UK based English speaking team
  • Excess from just £50
  • Premiums are paid by monthly direct debit in Sterling from your UK
    bank account
  • We cover the cost of emergency travel and accommodation following a major claim
  • Policy covers public liability of £2m in regard to buildings and contents
  • Claims handled by local loss adjusters working for a UK adjusting organisation
  • Claims paid in Sterling

Here are some sample quotes. A home in France with a £100,000 re-build value and £20,000 worth of contents could cost £24.38 a month or £292.56 if the insured was over 45 and had three years no claims history. This also includes discounts for a £500 excess and an alarm. The same quote with accidental damage cover would be £26.72 per month or £320.62 a year.

If the insured is under 45, chooses an excess of £50, and has neither an alarm nor no claims discount the monthly premium would be £38.41 or £460.90 annually.

If you would like further information – please fill out the short form below, and we will be in touch with you to discuss your requirements…

    • Search

    Compare Listings